Covid Update 31st March 2021
I am delight to announce that the rules around COVID secure clubs are updated and we now able to resume club running.
We are as a club COVID secure and therefore rule two applies, which reads;
Formal organised outdoor athletics & running activity that is Covid-secure can take place for both children and adults (no covid group size limits).
Please remind yourself with our risk assessments which can be found here;
A summary of the changes are as follows;
- Outdoor sport facilities can open.
- Formal organised outdoor athletics & running activity that is Covid-secure can take place for both
children and adults (no covid group size limits)
- Outdoor unorganised activity (non-coached) can take place in groups of 6.
- Outdoor intra club competition can take place (without a license).
- Outdoor competition can take place (with a license).
- No indoor training for children and adults.
- Disabled people can take part in organised outdoor and indoor sport without being subject to
social contact limits.
- Spectating not allowed.
- Parent/carer supervision permitted (one per athlete/runner).
- Travel permitted (training and competition)
Further details are available on the England Athletics website below;
From 6th April we will restart the running sessions as before, which makes us in-line with the new guidelines.
Please can I ask all coaches, if you are comfortable to continue as before, by providing details of your training run/session on our chat so that it will appear on the website calendar then to announce it on FB. The ratio remains as max 12:1 per coach.
Reminder to everyone of the run group was can provide are available on our website at;
Robert Richards – Head Coach Okehampton Running Club.